Aug 8, 2016

Weekend Wrapup: World Breastfeeding Week

I would like to share another aspect of my life. My volunteering and activism. People who know me are aware of my staunch green living ethos and Vegan lifestyle. I am proud to raise a vegan three year old who is very kind and loving. He is a breastfed, cloth diapered baby who was introduced to solids via baby led weaning. All this came with its set of challenges but I am glad I did not give up when the going was tough.

This weekend went quite well, attended a workshop on nutrition and then met up with my Breastfeeding support group. This first week of August was declared World Breastfeeding Week. And I, being a part of the worldwide Breastfeeding network, would not miss my city based meetup.


I felt the need to be a part of this amazing peer networking support group due ot all the misinformation floating around the whole concept of breastfeeding. New mothers are fed a lot of myth and end up in a formula trap. My involvement in the network is to promote breastfeeding as nothing out of ordinary but as a natural and normal method to keep the baby fed. WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding until the baby is 6 months old and then introduction of solids while breastmilk remains the primary source of nutrition in the first year. Breastfeeding comes naturally to a baby while it takes some learning for the mother. I highly recommend two books to every new mother/parent. My child wont eat by Dr Carlos Gonzales and womanly art of breastfeeding by La Leche League international.

So wishes to all new parents and parents to be. Happy Parenting and a wonderful breastfeeding journey


Pic: mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You made my day!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.