Mar 4, 2015

Vintage Love : Mid mod furniture

I admit, I did not expect my life to turn topsy-turvy after my son was born. Although, I am loving everything about being a mommy. Some days are tougher than the others. When I look back, his baby phase seems easier than his current toddler stage.

However, I miss blogging for sure. 

Vintage Love: 
I bought this bookshelf even before he came into our lives, but its such a pleasure to see him enjoy stacking, messing up and rearranging his books. All of two years and this is how keeps it. I am a super proud mom :)

Open shelves encourage him to pick up books. 

Style and design timeline:
1950-60
Danish modern

Material:
solid wood with a lovely varnish

The design:
The slender pencil legs and the brass tips make it even more drool worthy. What say!

Utility:
Its petite size makes it super easy for use in a child's room or near a busy living nook. I gather that they were meant to be vinyl record holders. (they would have been a snug fit). Though the shelf looks small, its holds quite a number of books and toys. 



This piece has no designer marking or brand name, but we find quite a few of them floating about in the preloved market. Most of them bought it for a super crazy throw away price (happy happy!). Do let me know if you know more

6 comments:

  1. That's a great bookshelf! Isn't it wonderful that your son loves his books so much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Dana he does and its adorable when i see him scatter all his books and scan through them.

      Delete
  2. Lovely bookshelf! Vintage wooden furniture is my weakness too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad to see another furniture enthusiast :). only a few understand what we feel

      Delete
  3. These were made for world book Encyclopedia plus Childcraft. We see them all the time here, if you had the encyclopedia you probably had the custom bookcase. They go for about $10 at garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting my blog and sharing this awesome information. i did check and couldnt find much info on who made them. if you have more information pl do share.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You made my day!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.