Aug 11, 2011

Vintage Love ~ Scoop Chair with arms!


My hand and shoulder injury have been keeping me away from blogging. I have been on the system only when it is really necessary, so blogging has taken a back seat. (snifff!!). My cousin spotted this chair on SF craigslist and sent me the link (sweet!!), and I had to share it here :)

Item: Scoop Chair
Manufacturers: Carter Brothers, Salisbury, NY
Period: Circa 1950
Status: Awesome, Drooling!

Made from a single piece/plank of plywood, bent to form the body of the chair. 
image 1

Measures: 23" wide x 19" deep seat, 21" high back, 13" to 10.5" seat height, 30" top of back to floor. Legs are removable. Weighs about 16 pounds.
image 0

The seller says " This chair can also be found with a single cushion, but the two cushion one is very rare and was discontinued in 1958."

Nominally priced for a vintage MCM piece, in beautiful condition. I admire people who maintain their homes and their furniture/furnishings well!! 


4 comments:

  1. Great chair! I'm sorry to hear that your hand and shoulder have been giving you so much trouble. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sudha,
    I thought you were busy getting ready to visit India, what happened?
    Nice chair, to think it is as old as me.
    Get well soon.
    Happy Varalakshmi Nonbhu to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. feel better soon...shape of chair is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.. hope you are better now!! the chair is gorgeous.. Dont know where you dig these from!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You made my day!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.