Dec 18, 2010

Friday Finds - Peacock Fireplace screen

It is really cold outside, temperatures are expected to fall in the coming weeks...and it is the season to curl up in front of a fireplace. A cup of hot chocolate and a nice book would be more than perfect! On that note..let me share this week's find. A fire place screen to dress up even the most drab fireplace. A very dear friend  showed it to me on our (virtual) antiquing trip :P.

This is how it looks when folded 

And then all opened up! Amazing isnt it...I was in total awe when i saw the ad...Solid brass and well made 

Image via craigslist

Talking of peacocks, and how could I forget Gagan - of peacocks and paisleys :).

6 comments:

  1. I have to say i love your virtual antiquing trips---you always come up with the most interesting finds. Every time I'm cleaning the kitchen countertops, I'm reminded of your silent butler thingies---how I could do with one of those (and a real not so silent type too!--some days I just hate house work!)

    Thanks for the mention! :) The peacock screen is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This peacock is awesome! After Gagan's somethig peacock post this post is again an inspiration for me!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sudha,

    It is a real good piece,and it looks too good when it is fully opened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that peacock is fabulous! i've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You made my day!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.